With salons, spas and barbershops closed during this pandemic, a lot of people have been looking for ways of maintaining their skin and hair while stuck at home. Well, fortunately, we’ve come up with some quarantine beauty and skincare tips to make sure that your skin and beauty don’t suffer that much during these times. check them out below:
1. Exfoliate with sugar. Mix granulated sugar into your cleanser and it will make a scrub that you can exfoliate with. Rub the scrub in circular motions onto your face, avoiding your eyes, and then rinse as you would with your normal cleanser.
2. Use clippers to trim your hair if you prefer not to let it grow. For short hair, a simple trim on the sides can help clean up your hairstyle.
3. To make your own skincare hydration mask at home, mash up bananas or avocados in a small bowl and mix with honey. Apply the mixture to your face, leave it on for about 10-15 minutes, and rinse it off with water.
4. Avoid waxing at home. It can be difficult to get just the right temperature if you try microwaving or heating up wax yourself. Use tweezers for light maintenance, but it’s best to just let the hair grow until you’re able to make it back to the salon.
5. Use sunscreen to protect your skin from sun damage and the fine lines and wrinkles associated with it. (Yes you should still use sunscreen even while you’re at home.)
By: Dammy Eneli
See Also: Four Home Treatments For Oily Skin