The saying ‘cool as a cucumber’ is spot on. Cucumbers are indeed known to cool the body and are considered to be packed with health benefits. But cucumber like many other veggies and fruits is not just for eating. You can drink cucumber juice for skin that is healthy and beautiful, or apply it on your skin directly and watch it work its magic.
6 Essential Benefits Of Cucumber:
- Cucumber is made of 96 percent water. That spells hydration, hydration and hydration.
- Water is not all that cucumber contains. It also has other nutrients like magnesium and potassium.
- It is great for the heat generated by the body and when the temperatures soar.
- It is good for detoxifying, and also makes regular appearances in weight loss diets.
- Beauty benefits extend to healthy gums and fresh breath, sparkling eyes without the bags, dark circles and puffiness, and beautiful skin owing to the nutrients it contains like biotin, vitamins A, B1 and C, and potassium.
- And we are just getting started because cucumber also helps the overall health of the body in many ways and improve heart health, brains, and are good for diabetics.
5 Step Cucumber Face Mask For Dry Skin:
- You can create a mask and exfoliator by mixing pureed cucumber with powdered oatmeal and honey. You could add a small amount of Brewer’s yeast to this. This mask works to lighten, moisturise and exfoliate the skin.
- Begin by cleansing your skin thoroughly and then applying a layer of this mask.
- It can be left on for up to 15 minutes and then washed off with cold water.
- While you have the face mask on, you could also keep thinly sliced cucumbers on your eyes.
- It is cooling, and reduces dark circles and puffiness.
By: Damilola Eneli
See Also: How to take care of your skin in Nigeria