Coconut oil is very versatile and has come to be accepted worldwide as an important beauty product. It’s a well-known fact that Coconut Oil has antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral properties. These properties make Coconut Oil a very healthy choice for several health conditions. Here are 7 ways coconut oil can enhance your beauty:
1. Face Wash: Melt the coconut oil in a pan and add 1 tbsp baking soda and 5 tbsp of any of your favourite essential oils suitable for application your face. Store this homemade face wash liquid in a jar.
2. Lip Balm: You can add a few drops of coconut to any of your lip balm or chap stick, this will help in making your lips moist and getting rid of dry lips.
3. Night Cream: Add a few drops of coconut oil to your moisturizer and apply it at night before sleeping if you are prone to face acne. If not, then you can apply the oil as it is on your face.
4. Sunburn Relief: The harsh rays of the sun can dry the delicate skin on your face and you look older. Coconut oil helps you to get rid of that redness and itching (if you experience it) as it rehydrates the skin.
5. Makeup Remover: Removing makeup is a major task. Instead of removing make up with other chemicals, remove it with coconut oil. This will make your skin hydrating and softer. Coconut oil will help in reducing wrinkles as well.
6. Insect Repellent: Mosquito bites really look horrible on the face. Don’t they? There’s an easy way to get rid of them, just mix some coconut oil with any of your favorite essential oil and apply this on the insect bite. Repeat this after a few hours.
7. Face Scrub: Mix coconut oil with coconut sugar and use this mixture as a scrub on your face for at least 2-3 times a week. This will give you a much smoother skin than ever before.
By Oluwatoyin Adeleye
Read also: How To Create The Best Curls For Your Hair