Written By Damilola Faustino
Akinwande Oluwole Babatunde Soyinka was born on July 13th, 1934, so we take time out to celebrate this embodiment of greatness and milestone achievements.
He is a playwright, dramatist, critique, and author of international repute. Here are 8 things you probably did not know about him:
- He was born, Akinwande Oluwole “Wole” Babatunde Soyinka, the second of six children.
- He is an atheist (freethinker).
- His cousins include activists Beko Ransome-Kuti and Yemisi Ransome-Kuti, musician Fela Kuti, and Health Minister Olikoye Ransome-Kuti.
- He founded the first confraternity (Pirates) in Nigeria.
- He has been married three times and divorced twice.
- Soyinka was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1986.
- He is not afraid to criticize other nations or his own.
buy tadalista super active online https://www.calmandgentledentalcare.co.uk/wp-content/languages/en/tadalista-super-active.html no prescription
- He is one of Nigeria’s biggest intellectual exports.
Happy Birthday, Prof!