Kayito Nwokedi is a Fashion stylist, writer and contributor at Bellanaija style. He’s a graduate of Information and communication from covenant University Nigeria.
The fast-rising fashion stylist has worked with top celebrities like Dakore Akande, Adesua Etomi, princess Dolapo Oni-sijuade, linda Ejiofor and amazing models like Susan Garland , Bunmi Ademokoya, Melissa Devidal amongst others.
His work has been featured in renowned publications like Ynaija magazine, Style Mania magazine and Pride magazine.
Kayito has endeared himself to the Nigerian Fashion scene, not just because of his good looks and wealth of experience, but he attributes his success to God, smart work, persistence and social connections.
- When you get dressed in the morning what do you think about?
- What item of clothing do you wear most often?
- When it comes to stress due to your busy schedule how do you manage stress?
- What are you excited for spring 2018?
Honestly, I don’t know yet.
- What was autumn winter 2017 all about for you?
Fearlessness. Designers pushed the envelope even further.
- The Celeb you most love to dress?
Dolapo Oni. She’s so cool and easy going.
- When you are working what do you love wearing?
T-shirt, Bermuda shorts and sneakers.
- The most treasured item in your closet?
A vintage Armani jacket that I reworked. It is now no longer my size though.
- What are your beauty essentials?
Water. Lots of it.
- What would you never be caught dead wearing?
Definitely Skinny jeans or crop tops.
- The up-and-coming designers you are most excited about are?
In Nigeria that would be Samuel Noon and Abroad, Sara Battaglia.
- What would you never travel without?
I would say my phone and IPad.
- The one electronic you can’t live without?
My IPad. I have tons of pictures on it that inspire me daily.
- If your days had one extra hour what would you probably love to do?
Get a massage and swim.
- The last thing you googled?
Vintage YSL dresses.
- What are you trying to splurge on?
If I could, it’ll be a hoodie from Vetements.
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- The designers that never disappoint include?
In Nigeria, Bridget Awosika. Abroad, Raf Simons.
- I will be excited to work in Fashion because?
There’s always something new to be excited about. And as humans, our volatile attention span could use such.
- What celeb do you think the most that’s in need of a fashion makeover?
- What do you love most about Lagos?
Check out Kayito Nwokedi’s styles below:
Interview by: Eromosele Patrick Eidusi
Picture source : Kayito Nwokedi