The answer is yes, you totally can. Remember the popular weight-loss mantra; weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise? Exactly. To lose weight, you need to be taking in less calories than you burn.
Dieting is much more effective than exercise because it takes a lot of activity to burn enough calories to lose weight but if you eat less, you won’t have as many calories to burn. Although exercise can certainly help build fat-burning muscle, it may not shrink your waistline as much as changing your diet will.
So how do you go about losing weight without exercising?
1. Drink A Lot of Water: Drinking water can help you feel full, increase your metabolism, and even help you debloat. Most times when you think you’re hungry, you’re actually just thirsty, having a water bottle around you would help you snack/eat less.
2. Reduce your carbs and eat more protein: Carbs are important in a diet, so never ever cut out carbs, but you can reduce the amount of carbs you eat weekly and eat more protein instead. Protein can increase feelings of fullness and delay hunger. Ways to increase the amount of protein in the diet include adding a tablespoon of chia seeds to breakfast cereals or including more eggs in meal plans.
3. Eat a lot of fiber: Fiber is different than other foods because the body does not digest it in the small intestine. Instead, the food moves to the large intestine, where fermentation occurs. Fiber is the part of plant-based foods that the body can’t break down. It passes through the body undigested, keeping your digestive system clean and healthy, easing bowel movements. You can find fiber in grains, fruits, vegetables, nuts, and beans.
4. Cut out soda: Soda is a weight loss enemy, Period!
5. Eat from smaller plates: Eating from a smaller plate makes you eat less. When people serve food on a plate, they tend to finish all the food on that plate. Eating from a smaller plate could help to lower calories with minimal effort by reducing the size of your plate or how much food you put on it.
By: Dammy Eneli