After the announcement by the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on the 27th of April 2020, on gradually easing the lockdown in the coming weeks and finally opening outside; there are a few things we need to note, to ensure that we are ready to face whatever the 4th of May, 2020 may have ready for us. As PMB has declared/implied this period is a battle of the best immune system.
1. Ensure that your Personal Protective Gear (hand wash, hand sanitiser, face masks, etc) are ready to face the COVID-19/outside battle.
2. Ensure that you are well-rested, and immune system up to date with Vitamin C, lemon, ginger and the likes (yes I’m talking to you….stop drinking cold water!!!).
3. Ensure that you are up to date with your work deliverables and to-do list.
4. Ensure that you have a strong immune system to face whatever dish outside provides you with on 4th May, 2020.
5. Ensure that you have dealt with your fears, worries & mental issues (talk to someone about the issues you have/seek therapy if you need to – a few psychologists and therapist are giving discounted/free sessions during this period)
6. Try on your office clothes to see if they still fit, so it wouldn’t be a gbas gbos gbas something on Tuesday morning.
7. Make sure you are mentally prepared to face work and traffic POST 4th May, 2020.
8. Do NOT stigmatize ex-COVID-19 patients.
9. Observe social distancing and hygiene practices like coughing & sneezing etiquette.
In getting Personal Protective Gear/equipment; we need to ensure that we have extra face masks or Gears. Because in this battle of the best immune system, we need to ensure that others are protected to effectively protect ourselves. It is advisable to get a flame tested corporate/trendy face masks; to not only ensure we are smartly but fashionably protected in winning this battle & masking up our country/state (#maskuplagos). Our safety is indeed our responsibility.
May the 4th be with us all and may the best Nigerian win.
Stay safe, positive, hydrated and masked up.
Till next time….
Associate @ SimmonsCooper Partners.