I love eyeliners. They are so versatile. If I were to not wear any makeup, I would still seek out my eye liner.
Eyeliner can give your eyes definition, drawing attention to one of the most alluring parts of your face. But, apply it improperly, and you could end up with a look that’s more unfortunate than beautiful. It doesn’t have to be that way though. Making your eyeliner stay is the most talked about problem for makeup wearers:
Don’t you just love that gentle swipe of eyeliner that perfectly defines your eyes? But it’s such a drag when by the time you have gone half way through your day, you check the mirror and your eyeliner is running, or has worn off. From scratching your eyes to clearing them with your hands, various factors smear our eye liners.
However, with very simple touch ups, you can totally make your eyeliner stay longer on your eyelids.
See the trick below:
- In order to make your eyeliner stay longer, you must start off with washing your face very well, because eyeliner is more likely to smudge with oily skin and eyelids.
- After you wash your face, make sure to apply eye primer on your eyelids and around your eyes, because it’s simply the best thing that will make your eyeliner not just stay all day long, but also pop.
- However, if you don’t have eye primer, you can go for a very soft and light moisturizer, because your eyeliner can stay longer on softer skin.
- If you want your eyeliner to stay longer, you can simply apply matte foundation or concealer on your eyelids before applying eyeliner. As the matte foundation adheres to your skin, your eyeliner will find a fine base to stick to.
- Another great trick, is to dust a little bit of translucent powder on your eyelids right after you apply the eyeliner and eyeshadow. This will help your eye makeup stay put and prevent it from smudging.
- What you should never do, is apply multiple layers of eyeliner, because this will only make your makeup look messy. Instead, you should apply another coat of dark eyeshadow over the line of your eyeliner and it will stay on better.
- After you’re done with your eye makeup, spray some makeup sealer over your eyeliner and your whole face. This will make your entire makeup stay almost all day long.
- Have you noticed that your eyelids tend to get really oily? If you have oily skin, change your usual eyeliner and use a waterproof one, its strong formula will ensure that your eyeliner stays longer.
Written by Ugochi Obiajunwa