By Damilola Faustino
Emma Stone has been named the world’s highest-paid actress by Forbes, surpassing Jennifer Lawrence, who claimed the top spot in 2016 and 2015.
The 28-year-old actress, collected $26 million, mostly thanks to her Oscar-winning performance as Mia, a barista and aspiring actress, in the movie-musical “La La Land.”
Jennifer Aniston was runner-up with $25.5 million. Lawrence dropped down two slots to No. 3 with $24 million, almost half of her $46 million earnings in 2016.
The 10 highest-paid actresses of 2017:
- Emma Stone ($26 million)
- Jennifer Aniston ($25.5 million)
- Jennifer Lawrence ($24 million)
- Melissa McCarthy ($18 million)
- Mila Kunis ($15.5 million)
- Emma Watson ($14 million)
- Charlize Theron ($14 million)
- Cate Blanchett ($12 million)
- Julia Roberts ($12 million)
- Amy Adams ($11.5 million)