By Oluwaseun Ashiru
It’s officially red carpet season, and the golden globes 2018 marked the start of the award season in the most memorable way. Many stars showed of their outfits on the red carpet from Dakota Johnson keeping it oh-so-cool to Gaten Matarazzo being as cute as ever. Although, everyone wore black to the 2018 golden globes, the stars brought their fashion A-game. Accelerate is rounding up the best hits and a few misses from the big night. Let’s start with one of our favourite looks:
- Dakota Johnson: the star stunned in a Gucci number paired with a pretty ponytail and the best part of her dress? It was equally beautiful from the back. The back of her Gucci dress glimmered with silver sparkles for a fun unexpected surprise.
- Angelina Jolie: looked phenomenal at the golden globes. The star wore a beautiful Versace number, which featured sheer detailing and beautiful feathered sleeves. She accessorized her gown with a gorgeous diamond drop earrings complimenting her glamorous updo with a Smokey eye and pink lip.
- Mandy Moore: black and red is always a sharp combination, and the ‘this is us’ star reminded us of this fashion fact with her 2018 golden globes gown. The star rocked an amazing Rosie Assoulin halter dress which also included pockets. She opted for a bright, cherry red lip and dangling earring with red and pink greenstones.
- Margot Robbie: glimmering in sparkly Gucci, the star wore a gown with a plunging neckline and enough 3_D floral embellishments to make it anything but a boring black dress. She finished her look off with a hot pink lip.
- Sarah Paulson: who is always on the best dressed list, and this year was no exception. The star wore a halter- style glimmering gown by Calvin Klein by appointment, which featured a detailed bodice and a beautiful pleated skirt.
- Kerry Washington: she donned a sparkly strapless Prabal Gurung dress, but our eyes go directly to those amazing shoes the ‘scandal’ star sported pointy- toe stilettos that were embellished with crystals and pearls. She wore her hair in loose waves and played with colour with her makeup. She donned violet eyeliner to make her eyes pop plus pink lips.
- Millie Bobby Brown: the star donned a Calvin Klein by appointment mini dress and added a pop of colour with her shiny silver heels.
- Reese Witherspoon: she went with a one-shouldered glamorous black gown complete with a dramatic train.
- Zoe Kravitz: stunned in a sleek, form fitting black gown. The floor- length design was simple, yet effective as she jazzed it up with a pair of emerald drop earrings providing a green pop of colour to her red lip.
- Issa Rae: owned the golden globes red carpet in a show stopping custom Prabal Gurung. The actress rocked this ethereal creation with frilled detailing on the sleeves and thigh high slits and to top it all off, she added an incredible necklace.
- Eva Longoria: wore a long sleeved black gown with a thigh high slit up the centre, but the best part was the baby bump she sported.
There were many other stars that killed it on the red carpet giving us red carpet goals.
Comments are visible after approval