By Sarah Oyedo
Gather here all ye petite cute-by-height ladies, this one’s for you. Growing up, all you wanted was legs…just legs. Some of you even bribed God and the Universe with your possessions so he can gift you some more legs. Then you can be at eye-level with other folks. By now I’m sure you already figured out you ain’t getting no more legs, but like Ariana Grande and Jada Smith, you’re gonna be cute forever and Hooray to that!
Yet sometimes, it is a struggle finding dresses that actually fit. The gowns are either too long they look boxy or come with sewn in hips that you don’t sport. Shorter arms means cuffing your sleeves is not a choice. What might be a well-placed waist seam on taller women turns into drop-waist on Petites. Standard arm holes end up exposing rib cages. Scoop necks transform into plunging neck lines. The list goes on and on.
But because we’ve got y’all, we researched the market and came up with a few ideas on how to wear flattering dresses for the beautiful snack-sized ladies:
1) A dress with a higher cut front hem makes the legs appear longer while the skirt’s narrower flare is less intimidating on a smaller frame.
2) An above-the-knee hemline with shortened side seams gives the illusion of a few extra inches. A shirt dress can fix this.
3) Unlike most midi dresses that end up as maxi on the small frame, this particular cut features a mid-calf hemline as well as a torso lengthening faux crop top.
4) Shift dresses also do the trick when balanced right but its advised to go for designs with structure as flimsy highlight every bump.
5) Also, do not be afraid to show off shoulders and shape in form-fitting dresses.
Yes, we are absolutely in love with Ariana Grande…
Comments are visible after approval