So, we finally have a holiday and I am super excited. Four days of chilling sounds like heaven right now.
There are so many activities going down this weekend. Parties, barbecues, and even the conventional Easter rice at the folks’ and I’m pretty sure so many of you can’t wait to get your groove on.
However, if you’re like me and would rather prefer your own company or would rather not be lost in a crowd of over excited boozed up people but you still don’t wanna be “Jane the boring”; well, here’s a few ideas to try out. (P.S, I’m writing this as much for myself as for you).
- Go see a movie: I guess everyone knows this. You don’t necessarily need company to go see a movie and it’s a sure way to beat boredom. The best part of it is that, there are so many bomb movies showing in the cinemas now including our very own Naija movies. Our Nigerian movie producers are not even out to play y’all. So, check the schedules and go cross some movies off your bucket list.
- Cook some exciting food: Actually, this one’s at the top of my list. I just decided not to write it first so that you guys don’t judge me. I have an entire list of nice foods that I’ve been salivating over (blame Instagram), which I need to try out in my kitchen this holiday. Try out a new recipe or if you’re not the cooking type, maybe you can visit a really nice restaurant and treat yourself.
- Work Out: If you are anything like me, you’ve probably been telling yourself that work and your tight schedule are the reasons you don’t get to work out. But, since it’s a holiday, I don’t think that excuse will work this time. I think we can squeeze in an hour of work out time regardless.
- Read A Book: I love reading books, but I really cannot remember the last time I just curled up with a book and read away. So, that’s definitely on my bucket list. The only issue is I don’t have book yet. Please, I’d love to know if you have any recommendations. So, if there’s a book you’ve been putting off forever, now’s the time to read up.
- Lay in and Chill: If you live in Lagos or anywhere else for that matter, and you have to go to work or school every day; You wouldn’t need me to tell you this twice. It’s a four day weekend y’all, enjoy every minute of it. Get enough rest and just chill. Maybe with your loved one next to you.
Here’s wishing you a fantastic weekend from me to you!
Written by Ewomazino Gold
Ewomazino is a communications strategist, content developer, blogger and public speaker.
She believes that the world is shaped by our perceptions which in turn are influenced by words. So, she speaks and writes to motivate and inspire.
You can visit her blog at www.zinorocks.blogspot.com or connect with her by following her on instagram @zinogold1
Don’t be left out of the Accelerate Filmmaker Project