By Sarah Oyedo
We know now that we’re most definitely what we eat so eating healthy has become paramount. But there’s more. Some of these healthy foods can actually replace your expensive skincare regimen especially for your facials. This post is going to show you how avocado, eggs, tomatoes and honey can give you that facial glow you so absolutely deserve.
Avocados though great with salads are one cheap way to keep your face fresh and healthy. They moisturize the skin as the possess natural oils that can penetrate facial pores helping to soften and hydrate dry and flaky patches. They contain vitamin B, vitamin E, and amino acids. To make avocado face mask
- Scoop out and beat into a mash the flesh of an avocado. Apply mash with hands or with a blending brush and leave on for 15-20 minutes. Rinse of with lukewarm water and pat dry with a soft towel. Repeat at least twice a week
Honey is a gentle astringent and extremely moisturizing. Raw honey can hydrate the skin, leaving it soft, radiant, and glowing. It can also help to tackle acne.
- Apply honey on the face with a cotton wool and leave for 20 minutes. Rinse of with lukewarm water.
- Also, mixing avocado and honey will rid your face of fine age lines as the both are rich in antioxidants. Simply mash a ripe avocado and mix it with one tablespoon of honey.
Spread a thin layer on your skin, and let it be for 20 minutes.
Wash it off with lukewarm water.
Oil skin folks gather here. Eggs, one major super food especially egg whites are rich in protein and albumin that have skin toning properties and promote wrinkle free skin. They also help in tightening facial pores and controlling facial oil.
- Before applying, first wash your face gently with warm water and pat dry with a soft towel. Beat egg white in a bowl and oat your face with a thin layer and let it dry up. Once it has dried, remove the mask by rinsing with cold water.
You can also add honey to egg white for faster effect.
Asides from making a mean casserole, tomatoes can help you achieve smoother, oil free skin and help clear off acne. They also contain natural whitening agents that can give your a fairer and smoother skin.
- Apply a tomato wedge over your face and let the juice dry over your skin. Rinse off after 15 minutes. Repeat weekly for desired effect.
Go be beautiful!
Read also: DIY Toners: Make Your Own Skin Toner At Home
Comments are visible after approval