Herbal Ed Coordinator: Cristi Nunziata gives us some useful hair tips. Which did you know of?
- Hair is made up of protein (95-97% protein and 3% water), so be sure you are getting enough of it. Other hair essentials include: biotin (eggs, organ meats, dried fruit, molasses), iron, iodine, B12, and Omega 3s.
- Teas for hair health include: alfalfa , burdock root, ho shou wu, horsetail, nettle, and oat straw.
- Seaweeds are said to keep hair healthy and dark.
- Rinsing hair with cold water will flatten hair and make it better able to reflect light.
- Scalp massage can prevent hair loss, stimulate sebaceous glands, and increase circulation. Add a few drops of rosemary essential oil to fingertips.
- Brushing hair distributes hair oils. Natural bristles are best because they absorb and distribute the oils and trap dirt and dust.
- Minimize blow dryers, hot rollers, curling irons, and chlorinated swimming pools. If you use a blow dryer hold it at least 6 inches away from the hair and use a low setting.
- Ditch stress, which can cause hair loss and lackluster hair. Try yoga, meditation, massage, or a cup of calming tea.
- Get your hair trimmed every eight weeks to remove frizzy, split, or frayed ends.
- Wear a hat to protect your hair from sunlight, which can be drying or color-altering especially for color treated hair).
Do you have any healthy hair tips of yours? if yes, please do share with us in the comments section below
Image Credit: Memoirsbymide