The winged eyeliner style has been a favourite of makeup lovers for some time now. First made popular by the Egyptian queen Cleopatra, winged eyeliner has been remained a fave of many celebrities such as Marilyn Monroe, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj. And apparently, a perfectly done wing works with almost every makeup look.
However, most people find it difficult to outline a smooth winged liner. Shaky hands, sweaty fingers, lack of proficiency can prove a problem thus we’ve put together some simple illustrations and steps that can help you achieve that perfect swoosh.
It is always advisable to use an angled eyeliner brush, especially if you’ve been having difficulty. This is one of the best eyeliner brushes you can find as it will not only make your liner come out finer and better, it also takes all the stress away in the process. Follow the steps below:
1) You can dip the edges in water before start for better results.
Also Read: Where To Find The Best Eye Liners
2) After dipping your brush in your pot, draw a line on the outer edge of your eye to create an angle by the side of your temples.
3) Place the same brush over the line you just drew in an inverted fashion to create the upper curve of your wing as seen below:
4) Fill in the blank space between the lines with your eyeliner brush and extend the liner to the inner corner. And voila! Here goes your eyeliner.
5) You can use a mascara to clear out your lashes and you the full look. Just so!
By Sarah Oyedo