When you hear someone shouting out, ‘I am the greatest!’ – then most of us would not necessarily want to hear any more. We’d leave.
But there is one man who stated this and captivated our attention. The fact was that the late Muhammad Ali was one of the greatest and famous boxers to enter the ring. In addition to his quick feet, he also had a quick mouth that ignited his audiences as much as his fighting prowess gained the respect of his opponents in the ring.
Here are 10 of his golden gems – that if applied to your life – will make you great.
1. Love is a net that catches hearts like a fish.
2. If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it – then I can achieve it.
3. I hated every minute of training, but I said, Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.
4. Don’t count the days, make the days count.
5. The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.
6. To be a great champion you must believe you are the best. If you’re not, pretend you are.
7. The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth.
8. Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.
9. He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.
10. If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, then they can sure make something out of you.
If you know of any other great saying of Muhammad Ali, then share them with us below.