A password will be e-mailed to you.

Share This Post!

Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State at a brief ceremony held on Wednesday in Kano state, signed a light railway construction contract worth $1.8billion with a China Railway Construction Group C18.

At the ceremony, Mr. Ganduje said the four-line rail construction will be carried out in two phases and will take four years to construct.

The governor explained that “the project is part of a grand design to upgrade Kano to the status of a truly great city, as it will significantly ease movement of goods and services.

He added that the project would‎ improve the transport system within the state, as well as drive economic activities in the state.

“Upon completion, the light rail is expected to cover Janguza-Bata, Jogana-Bata, Dawanau-Bata and Kwanar Dawaki-Bata routes in Kano city.” he said.

The governor is also reported to have said that the first phase of the railway from Dawanau to Bada would cost 555 million dollars.

As regards the mode of payment, the governor said that a Chinese Bank would provide 85 per cent of the total sum, while the Kano State Government would pay the remaining 15 per cent.

The Chairman of the C18 company, Ben Shinxo, is said to have assured the state government that the company is ready to complete the projects in two years as this would benefit the public.‎

Written by Okolo Ezinne

Share This Post!