By Oluwatoyin Adeleye
Kemi Adetiba is gearing up for the release of her new thriller, King Of Boys and it looks like the world is gearing up with the award winning Director as well – at least we and a lot of celebrities are.
Kemi has noted that the dress code for the movie’s private screening and premiere on October 21 is ‘Gangsta’ so y’all know she is not coming to play.
But Kemi, due to hard work and lack of sleep as she said, cannot find what to wear to her own premiere so she is asking her fans for ideas and we have our own ideas as well, because well, we are fans as well.
View this post on Instagram
"Everywhere I go Bling-BLING!!" ✨💫 – Lil Wayne voice 😝 Meanwhile, been working so hard on the film that I only just remembered yesterday that I still don't have ANYTHING to wear to my own premiere 😩😩😩😩😩 #Gangsta theme…. 🤔 If I was to wear something African instead of foreign, can you tag me on some Naija #GangstaRoyalty fashion inspiration pictures??? I'll repost my favorites. I need help!!! @kingofboysmovie #TheKingIsComing 👑 P.s. Don't be fooled by the smile… I need sleeeeeeep!!!
So here are our top 5 ideas of what to wear to the King Of Boys Premiere:
- The Great Gatsby: This gives us the retro, classy, gansgter vibe and Adesua Etomi’s character in the movie certainly emits this vibe. Classy gangsta.
2. Straight Outta Compton: Yela, Dr Dre, Ice Cube, Eazy E and MC Ren portrayed the perfect definition of Gangsta if their roles in the movie ‘Straight Outta Compton’ is anything to go by. SO Kemi please channel your inner ‘Niggas With Attitude’ on Friday!
3. Empire: When we think of a modern female gansgta, the first person that literally pops into mind is Cookie Lyon. Like where else would you find someone with the prideful, boss moves, who still knows how to keep it classy or simply let you know she has money, just as Sola Sobowale did in King of Boys?
4. Foxy Brown: Yasss! Gansta women have been leading for a long time and the 80’s vibe from Pam Grier in the Foxy Brown movie is the sexy gangsta style we hope Kemi Adetiba will be channeling on Friday.
5. The God father/ Scarface: Gangstas seemed to have a thing for suits back in the day so why not keep up the trend now? Al Pacino sure knows how to rock them pinstriped suits, but its not complete without the shirt buttons open. Kemi please take note.
Comments are visible after approval