LFDW has finally begun! Are we disappointed by the street style looks we got to see at the first day of Lagos Fashion and Design Week? Definitely not, fashion lovers brought their A game on for the first day, which means we need to gear up for the remaining days.
All sort of mixes made it to the street, from denim matchups, African print statements, colourful pieces, sneakers and sporty shoes, afro and natural hair; the list is endless. The following styles have got us thinking and planning our next fashion move.
- We love your style Diana Opiti, from your laid back hair, to ankle length dress. It reminds us of the good old day of simple but bold pieces before the evolution of fashion and style.
- Efe, Efe, Efe; the colour of your jacket suits the event perfectly since Heineken’s colour is green. We love how you teamed up the colours to create a retro official look, in case no one told you, you look like a brand ambassador to Heineken. They probably should consider you right?
- Sweetheart, I’m lost for words with which to describe your outfit. It’s simple, its printastic; your bag and nail colour kills the look as well.
- Boo, your black play-suit suits your skin colour perfectly, but having to team it up with a white and black striped knee length jacket – that’s life. And we love the touch of colour, which is actually Heinken’s colour. Another brand ambassador for Heineken.
- Thank you, thank you dear No The simple but sporty and edgy style you both created gives us joy. You’ve both got on the perfect pants and shoe to complement your hood cardigan. Thumps up!
And here’s more street style to inspire you.
Written by Odinekachukwu Ishicheli