Remember the days when lip liner was only for the elders, the days when you would wonder why mothers and aunties had a thick outline around their red lipstick? Well now it all makes sense. Lipliners have become the key to a successful pout especially with people like Kylie Jenner rocking them all over social media.
Here are a few reasons why you should use a lip liner:
- Lip liners work great as a base for lipstick as they help to prolong lipstick wear and prevent your lipstick from bleeding.
- They’re the saviour for lipsticks that are too too light or bright, especially when it comes to women of colour. Instead of thinking about throwing that nude you think looks like powder, why not use a dark lip liner before applying it. It will change your life.
- If you want defined and fuller lips, lip liners will do the job for you. Just outline your lips and you’ll instantly see the difference.
- For a lovely matte look that doesn’t smudge or budge during the day, just rock a lip liner alone. Not everyday lipsticks/glosses, sometimes just filling in the lips with a liner will do the job ladies.
- Last but not least, you can play around with different shades and create ombré looks on your lips. Just have fun with it
Written by Pamela Ogboro