Wearing winged eyeliner is a great way to jazz up your makeup look especially on those days when you feel too tired and cannot be bothered to do much to your face. It makes the eyes look chic, fierce and classic but actually isn’t as scary to do as it seems. All it takes is some practice and the right tools. Below are some tips to draw winged liner so sharp it can cut you 😉
- Choose the type of formula you want to use. There so are many around from gels to liquids to creams.
- If you go for a gel or cream, choose a brush to use alongside it such as a straight brush or angled brush.
- If you decide to use liquid eyeliner (looks like a pen) check the width of the applicator tip to gain an idea of what you think may be easier for you to use… they generally range from skinny to fat.
- Search for examples of winged eyeliner from your favourite beauty gurus to get an idea of how you want yours to appear.
- Decide on a shape; you may want your wings to be curved for a softer look or just straight and triangular for a more edgy look.
- Practice, practice, practice until you find what outline works and is easier for you to achieve. You will make mistakes but don’t worry; it is just a part of the process.
- Once you’ve got the hang of it, add some colour as there are more than just black eyeliners, there’s other colours too!
- Take some photos and show that winged liner off! Snapchat that liner.
It’s that simple ladies. Practice makes perfect!
Written by Pamela Ogboro
Want more beauty tips? Learn how to get your highlighter on fleek.