By Damilola Faustino
Meghan Markle‘s dad had announced that he was going to try and walk his daughter down the aisle, despite his staged photo controversy — but was then forced to take back the statement after learning from doctors that he needed heart surgery.
The former television lighting director has been recovering from a heart attack he suffered last week, which left him with a “seriously damaged” heart. Thomas was reportedly back in the hospital on Tuesday undergoing a series of tests.
He had said he wasn’t going to be a part of Markle and Prince Harry’s nuptials because he didn’t want to embarrass her following the paparazzi photo controversy. But Thomas reportedly slept on it and changed his mind Tuesday morning.
“Of course I’d walk her down the aisle. This is a historic moment.”
While Thomas initially thought the surgery wouldn’t complicate things, he said he now realizes how hard it would be to make the wedding.
In response to her father not making it, a spokesman for Kensington Palace released a statement saying: “This is a deeply personal moment for Ms. Markle in the days before her wedding. She and Prince Harry ask again for understanding and respect to be extended to Mr. Markle in this difficult situation.”
The royal wedding will hold on Saturday, 19th May.
Comments are visible after approval