By Oluwatoyin Adeleye
First of all, if you have not listened to Adekunle Gold’s Ire, click that link and go listen. It is all the motivation some people need. Now, beyond that though, what is that thing that has been tough to do or has been proving difficult? Getting a job, graduating, passing an exam, sustaining a business or even coming up with a business idea, getting capital for your business, having a child, fulfilling your dreams, and what else? Write them down in the comments below after reading this post.
So you think your problem is the worst, and there may be no solution anytime soon? Are you about to give up? Here’s what to do below:
- Pray: This is number one because in the end, we all need something or someone to believe in. It is proven fact that believing in something bigger than you helps to boost motivation, as you will be inclined to have a little hope that the universe may work in your favour.
- Be happy: This is the most difficult thing to do when you are in pain and frustration. It is so much easier to sit and wallow in self pity than to even be happy at all. What’s there to be happy about? In fact, if other people are happy beside you, it will piss you off. But look at a child, no matter how much pain a toddler is in, if he sees something that can make him laugh, he laughs without thinking twice. Happiness helps to boost motivation. Plus you get to enjoy some bits of life regardless of your current situation. It’s a win-win situation.
- Give: This does not make sense when you are in need yourself. But the principle of seed and harvest applies here. You cannot expect a harvest when you have not sown a seed. Whatever you sow you will reap in multiple folds. So give a little more often. Offer to help people more, share your meal, give alms, just do your bit and watch the universe turn in your favour.
- Be alert: You have to pay attention to your surroundings more if you are expecting something. Anyone or anything could turn out to favour you at any point in time. The tide will turn in your favour. Just be alert to people and situations around you.
- Equip: When help finally comes, you don’t want to be found wanting or incapable of handling things. So learn a skill, get a degree, babysit more often, and basically do everything to get you prepared for what is coming.
Calm down, don’t just think the grass is greener on the other side. Look around you, there may be some green grass somewhere. You just are not seeing it.
Read also: How To Make It Work For You
Comments are visible after approval