Many folks are rocking the natural hair look and we must confess, it is beautiful. And the way to go? DIY
There are many reasons why DIY is awesome. It includes saving your pocket and taking more care of yourself.
These steps to conditioning your hair at home might be easy, but they take practice to get it right, else… we will let you complete the sentence.
Remember these facts
- Conditioning greases the hair shaft
- Conditioning causes softness
- Conditioning prevents breakage and tangles
We took the time to cull a list of DIY conditioner recipes shared by hair experts:
- Avocado Deep Conditioner (Brigette Mars in Beauty By Nature)
- 1/2 mashed ripe avocado
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 3 drops lavender or rosemary essential oil
Combine ingredients and apply to hair, focusing on the ends. Leave on for at least 10 minutes, then rinse.
- Oil Hair-Conditioning Treatment (From Rosemary Gladstar’s Family Herbal)
- Small amount of jojoba, olive, or coconut oil
- Herb mixture of choice (optional)
- Essential oils of choice (optional)
- Warm the oil to 100-105 degrees in a double boiler. If using, add herbs and essential oils.
- Dampen hair. For long or thick hair, use 1-2 teaspoons of the oil mixture, and for fine or short hair, use 1/4 teaspoon of the mixture. Massage oil into the scalp and work through the strands, covering all hair completely. Cover hair with a shower cap or plastic bag and if possible sit in the sun or by the stove. Heat facilitates the process. Leave the oil in for an hour or two, and then, shampoo and rinse.
Culled from NewBeauty
Image Credit: Seventeen