Dark spots are a common skin problem found mainly in young adults. Although they are not a cause for alarm, they don’t look very good and can be a major cause for lack of self-esteem.
These dark spots are also known as hyperpigmentation which happens when skin that has been exposed to the sun has an increase in melanocyte cell production, causing a darkening of the skin. These spots most often show up on parts of the body that have been exposed to a lot of sun such as the face, hands, legs, back, and neck. These dark spots go by many names and can be heard termed brown spots, dark spots, age spots, sun spots, and liver spots. In some cases they may be a sign of aging.
To this end, Accelerate TV has put together a number of natural ways to clear dark spots. Natural ways are better for everything that has to do with the skin. They are usually more advisable than chemical ridden products.
Treating dark spots at home with natural remedies is easy and can be done with things you already have. Try any of the following methods to see which one works best for you to remove unsightly dark spots from your skin:
- Lemon juice could possibly be the best remedy for getting rid of dark spots, regardless of the cause. Lemon juice is naturally acidic and contains bleaching agents that will fade the dark pigment found in dark spots on the skin. All that is needed is fresh lemon juice applied to a cotton ball and then the affected area. This should be left on for twenty minutes and then rinsed with cool water. Repeating this method two times a day for two months will erase your dark spots without a trace.
2. Tomato juice mixed with a bit of lemon juice is one of the best remedies for a variety of different skin conditions. You can take it orally once a day or rub the areas you want to heal with this mixture soaked on a cotton ball.
3. Castor oil has some of the strongest healing properties that help to get rid of dark spots easily and effectively. All that is needed is castor oil applied to a cotton ball that is applied to the dark spots in the morning and in the evening. Creating a ritual of doing this daily will help to quickly fade dark spots away.
4. Aloe Vera has long been known for its healing properties for the skin. It has long been known to treat cases of sunburn, but did you also know that it is excellent in getting rid of dark spots and healing stings? Fresh aloe (preferably from the plant) should be rubbed on the dark spot and left for about an hour. Rinse this off with cold water and repeat twice a day for a month.
5. Papaya is wondrous for treating all kinds of conditions of the skin. In Nigeria, it is called Paw Paw. It’s got a powerful enzyme in it that helps to get rid of dark spots, acne, and other skin blemishes. Fresh papaya that has been smashed to a pulp or grated should be applied directly to the dark spots on the skin and left for at least twenty minutes. This excellent home remedy for removing dark spots should be used a couple of times each day until conditions improve.
GIVE THESE NATURAL THERAPIES A TRIAL AND SEE THE WONDERS OF NATURE TO MANKIND.
Written by Obiajunwa Ugochi
Find more on Accelerate TV