By Sarah Oyedo
Imagine not being able to wave your hands in public like Halle Berry is doing in the picture below. Dark underarms are almost every girl’s troubles. Albeit the armpits are agreeably not the most alluring part of the body, it wouldn’t hurt to not have squishy and dark looking underarms. Imagine the hassles it gives when wearing sleeveless; the fear of having to raise your arms and flag down a taxi or lift your hands in worship in church *shudders*.
Some of the main causes of dark underarms are shaving, regular use of hair removing creams, excessive sweating, poor ventilation of underarms and use of alchohol-based deodorants and antiperspirants.
Thankfully, there are natural ways to achieve smooth and clean looking underarms that you’ll be proud of. Check them out:
- Cucumber: Cucumbers have natural bleaching properties to help brighten your discolored skin. Simply rub a thin slice of cucumber or grate some cucumbers and apply the juice in your underarms. Rinse off after a while and repeat daily until you achieve desired effect
- Lemon: Lemon has powerful anti-bacterial properties and is a natural bleaching agent. To remove dead skin cells and lighten underarms, rub a lemon wedge on skin for a few minutes. Allow juice to dry for 10mins then wash off thoroughly with cool water. For better exfoliation results, you can sprinkle some sugar on the lemon wedge before applying on skin. Do this daily until your underarms are brightened up.
- Potato: Like lemons and cucumbers, potato has mild acidic properties which makes it a natural bleaching agent. And it causes no skin irritation whatsoever. Rub a slice of potato on your underarms or grate some and apply juice to the armpits. Eave on for 15-20 mins then wash off with lukewarm water. Do this twice daily for faster results.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda makes for a great exfoliating scrub to get rid of dark underarms. It helps remove dead skin cells and unclog skin pores. Mix baking soda in water to make thick paste. Use paste to scrub the underarms and wash off thoroughly patting it dry. Repeat a few times a week.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil not only contains vitamin E that can help lighten underarms, it also works as an effective natural deodorant. Massage dark underarms with coconut oil. Leave on for 10-15 mins then wash off with mild soap and lukewarm water. Repeat as many times as possible to achieve desired results.
Now go forth and slay!
Read also: Homemade Remedies For Large Pores
Comments are visible after approval