A password will be e-mailed to you.

Share This Post!

By Damilola Faustino

The backlash of Kevin Spacey’s sexual assault on Anthony Rapp is gradually manifesting. The first to go for Spacey’s jugular is Netflix, as the video streaming platform has decided to end its Emmy-nominated political drama House of Cards at the conclusion of its upcoming sixth season.

House of Cards

The final episodes of the TV series, which stars Spacey and Robin Wright as ruthless political operators in the United States government, will air in 2018. But fans have asked that the show should continue with Wright as the lead character.

Media Rights Capital and Netflix, who produce House of Cards, released a statement on Monday in response to the allegations against Spacey, saying they were “deeply troubled” by the news.

The statement said: “In response to last night’s revelations, executives from both of our companies arrived in Baltimore this afternoon to meet with our cast and crew to ensure that they continue to feel safe and supported. As previously scheduled, Kevin Spacey is not working on set at this time.” 

However, a Netflix spokesperson later said that the decision to end the show was made months earlier, and not in response to the allegations about Spacey surfacing.

Meanwhile, Beau Willimon, House of Cards creator and showrunner for its first four seasons, also released a statement on Twitter. He tweeted: “Neither witnessed nor was aware of any inappropriate behaviour on set or off” during his time working with Spacey on the show, but that he took “reports of such behaviour seriously, and this is no exception”.

Comments are visible after approval

Share This Post!