On the 25th February Netflix finally launched its Nigerian twitter account along with news of its first Nigerian series. So far not much has been revealed about the fresh new content as the project remains nameless.
However, from the little stalking we performed, we were able to find out a few things.
- Netflix’s first local project is an untitled six-part show “set in modern-day Nigeria and shot in Lagos,” according to the company’s statement.
- The press release adds, “This drama tells the story of Kemi, a goddess reincarnated as a human to avenge her sister’s death.”
- Nigerian filmmaker Akin Omotosho is in charge of the project.
- Omotosho will be co-directing with C. J. Obasi and Daniel Oriahi. It will be co-produced by Kemi Lala-Akindoju. The script was co-written by Omotosho, Steve, Posha, and Dami Elebe.
- The series has Kate Henshaw and Ade Laoye in lead roles. Other castmates include Ireti Doyle, Richard Mofe-Damijo, Joke Silva, Bimbo Akintola, and Kehinde Bankole.