This is a call for digital registration of women-owned agribusinesses in Eastern and Southern Africa.
CTA in collaboration with its regional partners, African Women in Agribusiness Network (AWAN East Africa) and the Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF), has recently launched a programme initiative named VALUE4HER.
VALUE4HER is a continental initiative aimed at increasing incomes for women from agribusinesses through access to markets, finance, improving knowledge, skills and capacity and through advocacy, thus addressing some of the key barriers for women’s empowerment in agriculture.
This registration will facilitate the development of a digital database for women-owned agribusinesses in Africa, the first agribusiness intelligence network targeting women agri-entrepreneurs. The aim is to create a network of women in agribusiness, increase information flow within women agribusiness networks and with their markets, supply chains and other service providers, including investment and financing partners. Those agribusinesses that register will:
- Participate in a global B2B fair to be facilitated by VALUE4HER programme
- Be eligible for a two phase agribusiness management and leadership training
- Have a chance to apply for a competitive grant aimed at spurring innovation in women’s agribusinesses
- Additional capacity building support planned under VALUE4HER programme
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is a joint international institution of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union (EU). CTA operates under the framework of the Cotonou Agreement and is funded by the EU.
- Who can apply?
- A registered company, in one of the African countries (see eligible countries)
- Must have been in existence for a period of not less than three years
- Business capitalisation of $20,000 but not exceeding $100,000
- How to apply
Registration will be done online. PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW TO APPLY.
If you are an applicant from Eastern Africa (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia, Eritrea, South Sudan, Djibouti, Somalia), PLEASE FOLLOW the LINK below to apply.
If you are an applicant from Southern Africa (South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Botswana, Mozambique, Lesotho, Namibia, Angola, Swaziland), PLEASE FOLLOW the LINK below to apply.
Deadline for registration: 15th September 2018
Final publishing of successful agribusinesses, 15th October 2018
For more information on the grants and application process please email: [email protected]
Comments are visible after approval