It’s I-D magazine’s 40th anniversary, yet they have gifted us a magazine edited by Rihanna!
Yes you read that right- A one-off limited edition magazine co-curated by Rihanna herself.
We already know RIRI is a MULTI-TALENTED QUEEN of freaking everything,
But just a refresher on her growing accolades;
- Award winning Songstress
- Acting career on the rise (Movies…Voice overs…TV series- I watched her Bates motel special guest appearance and loved it!)
- Perfumer (Diamonds Eau de Parfum, etc.)
- Fenty Beauty Creative Director (the beauty game will never be the same)
- Fenty By Rihanna (LVMH had to bend to her will)
- Her throng of fans aka the Rihanna Navy, keeps growing in number, strength and passion (whether she puts out new music or not).
So, in celebration of her ceaseless reign in the fashion, beauty and music world, she was recruited to deliver this special project.
A task she did not take lightly; as she expertly rounded up her fellow females who are known for reshaping the culture and breaking boundaries across fashion, music, art, activism and female empowerment.
These ladies are the new-gen role models and I love that they stand for inclusivity and progression.
Scroll through to see some of your faves featured on the magazine.
Each had their own cover and a short cover story which includes; how Rih single handedly influenced their lives and the culture as a whole.
(In alphabetical order)
Adwoa Aboah (Model)
Vanessa Vanjie Mateo
Ylang Ylang Poom
By: Joan K. Vincent-Otiono