The TechCabal has launched its 2019 exhibition in conjunction with a Whitespace Creative Agency (AWCA).
This year’s exhibition is tagged the “Tech Women Lagos” and is aimed at celebrating 50 women in Lagos Technology ecosystem.
The exhibition comes on the heels of the launch of the Tech Women Lagos portrait series website www.techwomenlagos.com home to portraits and stories of 50 women in the Lagos technology ecosystem, from different backgrounds and at different stages of their careers.
The portraits will be physically displayed in a multi-sensory exhibition comprising portraits shot by photographers Kunmi Owopetu and Rebecca Nwose, abstract art, audio, and visual components. This will run through March 17, 23 & 24, 2019
With the Tech Women Lagos “Audacity” exhibition, TechCabal celebrates the accomplishments and impact women are having on the growth of a historically male-dominated sector, whether working as developers in a startup or leading innovative companies.
“For TechCabal, it’s important to show future generations that careers in tech are diverse and there is space for everyone within the industry,” said Bankole Oluwafemi, Editor-in-Chief of TechCabal, a publication focused on African innovation and technology.
Since its launch, the portrait series has been warmly received and applauded locally and internationally, having been featured on BBC Africa, BBC Pidgin, and Plus TV Africa, among others.
“SUPERWOMEN!! We had so much fun with an ‘all-women’ show today on #BBCMoneyDaily,” tweeted BBC Africa correspondent, Georgie Ndirangu.
Tech Women Lagos is possible with sponsorship from Access Bank, Africa Fintech Foundry, Bluechip Technologies, Andela, Mines.io, Web Foundation, Lagos Innovates, and Ventures Platform. And the support of the following media and logistics partners: Guardian, Guardian Life, BusinessDay, Plus TV Africa, TRACE TV, People’s TV, MEST Lagos, and RDF Strategies.
Here are Details of the Exhibitions and Programs
Saturday, March 16 – 17; March 23 – 24, 2019
Africa Fintech Foundry
1216 Ibiyinka Olorunbe
Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Access Bank/W Community Workshop, Africa Fintech Foundry (AFF), 1216 Ibiyinka Olorunbe, Victoria Island, Lagos, Saturday, March 16, 2019.
- Andela x Tech Women Lagos Workshop, Andela Epic Towers, 235 Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Tuesday, March 19, 2019.
- Paystack x Tech Women Lagos Workshop, Paystack Offices, 3a Ladoke Akintola Rd, Ikeja GRA, Ikeja, Thursday, March 21, 2019.
- School Group Tours, Africa Fintech Foundry, 1216 Ibiyinka Olorunbe, Victoria Island, Lagos, Friday, March 22, 2019.
- TechCabal Happy Hour, Africa Fintech Foundry, 1216 Ibiyinka Olorunbe, Victoria Island, Lagos, Friday, March 22, 2019.
Mines.io x Tech Women Lagos Workshop, Africa Fintech Foundry, 1216 Ibiyinka Olorunbe, Victoria Island, Lagos, Friday, March 23, 2019.