In a world where mixing different chemicals and creams to effectively tone or lighten the skin is a norm, the use of natural ingredients to take care of the skin is either seen as a waste of time or ‘senrenre’ (Yoruba terminology for unnecessary waste of time).
However, with the incessant reports of negative side effects of the chemicals in their beauty products, natural products are the way forward.
Let’s take you on a discovery of the power of natural ingredients to achieve effective results such as reducing pores, toning, removing sunburns, moisturizing etc.
However, it is important to note that following a natural routine that we propose one day and hoping to see the result the next day is IMPOSSIBLE and that’s the actual ‘waste of time’. Natural routines require consistency to reach the desired results. That’s where most Nigerians have a problem “so I will just be breaking egg on my face for a year ehn, abeg let me use something that I will see the effect in 2 weeks or even 5 days”. Using a product that will be effective in 2 weeks is amazing until you stop the product and you’re back to square one.
Take us for our word, pick one of the natural beauty routines that will achieve the result you want, be consistent for about a month or more and come back to share your testimony with us.
GET RID OF SUNBURN
Sunburn is ‘married’ to a lot of Nigerians, so we almost don’t care about it anymore. However it makes the skin look dull and the skin tone uneven. To get rid of sun burns try the Apple Cider vinegar routine.
- Apply Apple Cider Vinegar to the affected area
- Leave for 3 minutes.
- Rinse off with room temperature water.
- Repeat the apple cider vinegar application.
- Wait for 4 minutes.
- Rinse off with room temperature water
- Apply Coconut oil to the affected area
- Repeat the application of coconut oil two to three times daily to reduce the harshness of the Apple Cider Vinegar
TONE YOUR SKIN NATURALLY
Just in case you want to repent off using chemicals and want to give natural remedies a try, this is a great routine to naturally tone the skin which has no side effect and is effective overtime.
- Mix 2 tbsp ground oatmeal, 1 tbsp yogurt, 2 tbsp lemon juice and 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Apply the mixture on the skin and let it dry naturally to get the complete bleaching effect.
- Wash off with cold water after about thirty minutes.
- Pat the skin dry and apply moisturizer to keep it a little moist.
- Apply the pack two times a week to lighten the darkness caused by pigmentation and to reduce dark spots.
REDUCE LARGE PORES
Skin pores are like small pits on the face that appear like an orange peel—not an attractive image! These pores cause the face to look dull and aged. People with oily skin are prone to this problem, thanks to excessive sebum production. The pores can also lead to complications like blackheads and acne, which mar the way you look.
- Take 1 egg white and mix it with 2 tablespoons of oatmeal and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Make an even paste.
- Apply the paste on your face and keep it on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cold water
- Do this twice a week for effective result.
Now, what is probably on your mind is “who has time for all this?” or “let me just give it a try”. Whatever side you’re on, remember that in some months, people will start to ask you what you used because they can see the results. If you will like that, then don’t hesitate to give this natural ingredient routine a try and YOU WON’T REGRET IT.
Feel free to drop natural beauty routines that have effectively worked for you or someone you know in the comment section and don’t be stingy (lol), most importantly share testimonies of the effect of our suggested natural beauty routines.
By Praise Ifetogun
Comments are visible after approval