By Modupe Lamikanra
After a long and stressful week, it is important to take the time to care for your skin. A simple homemade face mask can quickly rid your skin of the impurities built up from all the makeup and dust from the week. This can be done either once a week or as often as you feel you need it. Here are some simple homemade recipes of DIY masks you can make right in your kitchen:
For Glowing skin:
1 teaspoon of extra olive oil
1 teaspoon of baking soda
½ teaspoon of honey
- Stir these ingredients in a bowl till it creates a fine paste
- Make sure to cleanse skin before applying the mask.
- On damp skin apply the mask
- Let it sit for 10-15 minutes then wash off with warm water
- Pat skin dry with cloth
For Oily skin:
½ tablespoon of coconut oil
½ tablespoon of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of yogurt
- Mix the coconut, lemon and yogurt in a bowl.
- Apply a thick coat to freshly cleaned face
- Let it sit for 15 mins
- Rinse off and dry with a cloth
For Dry skin:
2 tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel
¼ a cup of milk cream
- Mix the Aloe and Milk cream in a bowl
- Apply with a brush and wait for 30 mins
- Wash off with warm water and pat dry with a cloth
For Acne mask:
3 activated charcoal capsules
1 tablespoon Aloe Vera Gel
Optional: 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- Pop the capsules and mix with the Aloe Vera. Add the Apple Cider Vinegar here is desired.
- Apply to a face with a brush or fingers.
- Leave on for 5-10 mins, or till it’s almost dry.
- Rinse with warm water and pat face dry.
- Apply moisturizer.
Comments are visible after approval