Stylish, leggy and with an abundance of cheer, Eku Edewor is definitely a stunner! Born Georgina Eku Edewor-Thorley, the slim beauty who didn’t set out to become a television presenter merely stumbled on the job after she came to Nigeria to be with her mother after her step father passed away. Since then, there’s been no slowing down for her.
She’s our #WCW today and here are a few facts about her you probably never knew.
1. Eku Edewor born on the 18th of December, is of mixed parentage, her mother Juliana Edewor who owns The Green Room restaurant and Chardonnay is from the well-known Edewor family in Delta state while her father is a British man. As such she spent her formative years in both countries, having been born in England but raised in Nigeria till she left back for England at 13.
2. Edewor was born at Portland Hospital in London, along with her twin sister Kessiana.
3. Edewor attended Warwick University in Coventry, England. She pursued a degree in English Literature and Theatre Studies, graduating with honours in 2008.
4. She is best known for her work as host of the entertainment television program 53 Extra
5. Upon graduation from university, Eku went to the New York Film Academy to train to become an actress. She’s since featured in a few plays both in England and Nigeria. She also starred in the 2013 hit movie, Flower Girl.
6. Her first job in the entertainment industry was as a production assistant to producer Damian Jones. She worked at his company “DJ Films” from September 2008 through October 2009.
7. Eku co-hosted the Big Brother Africa All Stars live red carpet show in 2010, and she has also hosted the Pepsi Top Ten Countdown. She has appeared in commercials for M-NET’s 25th Anniversary and also commercials for Martini.
8. Eku played a role in the British series “The Rules to Making Money”, hosted the 2015 Channel O Music Video Awards, and was the red carpet host for the Ja Rule and Ashanti concert in Nigeria.
9. Eku revealed in an interview with Pulse Nigeria that the secret to her svelte figure is eating healthy, no work outs for her.
10. She most recently starred as Victoria in the 2014 film When Love Comes Around, produced by Zynell Zuh.
Indeed, there’s no slowing down for her. Did we miss out on a notable fact ? Share with us below…
Photo credit: @ekuedewor