You cannot talk about the Nigerian internet sensation Olajumoke Orisaguna’s success story without mentioning the amazing photographer who discovered her in the first place – TY Bello. She is one of those people that are not really booming in our heads but still seems never to go away, because they have done almost everything differently.
Are you a fan of the talented photographer and artiste, or just an admirer? Here are 10 interesting facts about TY Bello you should know;
- TY Bello was born in Ogun State on the 14th of January, 1978.
- TY Bello was born in Ogun State. She attained a degree in economics from the University of Lagos.
- Before she became one of Nigeria’s leading photographers, she was known mainly as a singer and was part of a Nigerian Gospel group, Kush, which pushed her into the limelight. After the group split, she went solo.
- In 2008, TY Bello released her debut studio album Greenland. The album earned her a Nigerian Music Award as well as a Sound City Award. TY Bello describes the album as a journey of her everyday life.
- TY Bello was the official photographer of former president of Nigeria, President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.
- In October 2011, TY Bello was one of the celebrities featured in an eight-minute anti-rape video compiled by the Nigerian Ministry of Youth Development. The anti-rape video shed light on the victim of a gang rape at Abia State University in September 2011.
- TY Bello could not get pregnant for 9 years because she was a victim of un-diagnosed endometriosis.
- She always joked about having twins, and for real after the delay, she did have a set of twin boys; named Christian and Christopher. She went through IVF to conceive her boys.
- She works with ThisDay Fashion Magazine and has shot several iconic magazine covers and editorials.
- TY was working in Lagos where was she was creating a photo shoot for the British rapper Tinie Tempah. She later discovered that there was a remarkable looking woman in the background. In an attempt to find Olajumoke Orisaguna she arranged for her Orisaguna’s picture to appear on the cover of Style magazine. The rest they say, is history.
Did we miss out on a notable fact ? Let us know in the comment section below.