Naturally, curiosity gets the better of me and even when I would naturally shy away from certain things. I am never afraid to try something new just to be doubly sure. This one night, I hung out with a group of friends and we had a lot of games going on. It was May 29th, 2013; it was Osagie’s birthday and we were having a house party.
To keep up the excitement at the party, we played several games and once we were done, it was time for bottoms up. This was the first time I noticed a vodka called Absolut. I didn’t think much of it until I had five shots in a bid to win the competition against my friend. I loved it! Not the game, not my winning streak but the drink. There was just something special about it.
From the bottle, I knew it was a Swedish vodka made exclusively from natural ingredients and it doesn’t contain any added sugar. Even impressive, Absolut is as clean as vodka can be. When put in a transparent glass, I could easily pass it for a glass of water…..or not. From tasting it, I could tell that the taste was different so i decided to investigate and here’s some fun facts I found:
- As at 1879, Absolut was known as Absolut Rent Brannvin or Absolutely Pure Vodka but it was shortened just so it gets easier for anyone to pronounce. Don’t we just love how sleek the name sounds?
- The Absolut bottle is actually green! Even when it really looks clear and transparent, hard to believe, right? In keeping with Absolut’s commitment to sustainable business practices, each bottle is made with 40% recycled glass.
- The company adheres to its One Source Philosophy, hence all the components of the vodka are sourced within a 75 mile radius of Åhus in the province of Skåne in Southern Sweden. It is utterly consistent, hence the user experience with the brand.
- We are familiar with the Absolut Vodka original and Citron flavor but who knew they had about 31 Labels and Flavors.
- Finally, you can’t love Art and love Absolut Vodka, its unique Absolut Art Collection which contains over 900 commissioned works, all of which feature the bottle but in the context of some form of political, social, or cultural commentary.
So what are you waiting for? Go grab your bottle of Absolute Vodka right away. Or join the competition on Instagram to win something amazing.
Comments are visible after approval